If you’re looking for tighter skin with less fine lines and wrinkles, and a smoother, more youthful texture, laser skin tightening might be the answer!
Nonsurgical technology is one of the most rapidly advancing sections of the cosmetic world, and that means tremendous results are now possible without surgery. In the past, tighter, smoother skin was only possible with face, eye, or neck lifting surgery, but now deep dermal heating with highly specialized lasers can accomplish similar results with almost no downtime!
Continue Reading for more information on LiteTouch Laser Skin Tightening brought to you by Manhattan Aesthetic Surgery in New York City…
Most of us have heard of products like Juvederm, Restylane and Radiesse, but what about Sculptra?
Sculptra is on the verge of becoming one of the most popular products for rejuvenating lost cheekbones, tired eyes, and sunken cheeks.
Continue Reading to learn more about Sculptra Aestheiic…
A new study from German researchers suggests that Botox is an effective treatment for clinical depression!
In their study, men and women being pharmacologically treated for clinical depression received Botox injections to their glabellar region (the area between the eyes), and their level of depression was assessed 6 weeks later. In 80% of these patients, their level of depression improved significantly (in both subjective and objective measures). The patients noted that they generally felt better, and their scores on scientific examinations designed to measure their level of depression improved. In the placebo group, only 20% of patients noted an improvement.
“This is a very interesting study,” says New York Plastic Surgeon Dr. Nicholas Vendemia. “There are quite a few people in Manhattan that deal with significant levels of stress on a daily basis, and I’ve heard from many of them that they generally ‘feel better’ after their Botox treatments. They say things like ‘I just don’t feel as stressed out when my Botox kicks in’, and I’ve been hearing these testimonials so frequently that it is ironic that this study was just published.”
Dr. Vendemia adds, “It makes sense if you think about it. When you look angry, frustrated or tired all the time, people react to you as if you are those things, and that starts a feedback loop that can become a vicious cycle that keeps you feeling angry, frustrated and tired. Botox interrupts that feedback loop, and not only changes how you feel, but changes how others react to you.”
If your interested in learning more about Botox therapy, feel free to give our office a call anytime at 917-703-7069, or visit our website at www.ManhattanAestheticSurgery.com.
Follow MAS on Facebook
Follow MAS on Twitter
Ready for smooth legs all year round, without the fuss of shaving?
Laser hair removal may be your answer, but before you sign up for this treatment, make sure you know what to expect before you start your treatments.
Continue Reading to find out everything you need to know before you sign up for Laser Hair Removal!
For those who haven’t heard… there is a new filler available in the United States!
The FDA recently approved this hyaluronic-acid filler, known as Belotero, which can be used to treat moderate-severe facial wrinkles and folds. Belotero has been used for years in Europe and Canada, and it is very similar to other hyaluronic fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane. However, there are some key differences you should know about.
Continue Reading to find out what you should know about Belotero
LINDSEY LOPEZ: Professional Makeup Artist, San Antonio, TX
As a professional makeup artist, I’ve noticed a trend that has me wondering. LIPS!
I have seen some overdone lips that no longer have a natural look. In fact it looks like some have bad allergies or puffiness from waking up after a long nap. And, I have to say, that using nude lipstick on over-filled lips confuses me as a makeup artist. The cracks in the lips are emphasized with some nude lip colors making large lips look milky and not very luscious. Additionally, if you are wearing nude lipstick, you are taking away from them which makes me wonder why you got them fuller in the first place.
If you want fuller lips, my recommendation is to attract attention to them with color! Also some face shapes and eye shapes look better with smaller lips. It really comes down to personal preference and what makes you SMILE! J Makeup is meant to enhance your features and many products can do that for you.
NICHOLAS VENDEMIA, M.D.: Plastic Surgeon New York City
Lip enhancement is one of the most difficult injectible procedures, so it’s no wonder that there are so many overfilled, unnatural trout pouts! Here are my recommendations to make sure your lips turn out to be luscious instead of laughable:
- FIND AN EXPERIENCED INJECTOR: We’ve all heard the old adage, “you’re good at what you do”, and it couldn’t be more true for advanced injections like lips and cheekbones. You definitely want to have your lips done by someone who is qualified to be doing injections in the first place, and by someone who does lots of lips (not many doctors do). Don’t be shy about asking your plastic surgeon about his or her level of experience with lip enhancement, and make sure that you trust their answer before you dive in!
- LOOK AT BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS: One of the easiest (and best) ways to find out whether or not your injector is experienced with lip enhancement is to ask for Before & After photos. If they do not have any, or if their photos do not show consistently excellent results, you should probably go elsewhere.
- BE REALISTIC: Lips come in all shapes and sizes. Some are extremely thin, while others are enviably full without any enhancement whatsoever. If you’re in the thin category, even the most experienced injector won’t be able to give you Angelina Jolie’s level of plump, and if you let them try, you’ll wind up looking like one of the Beverly Hills Housewives! Lip enhancement is not about having a “fuller” or larger lip. It’s about having more of the pink part of your lip (the vermillion) visible, about having the perfect balance between your upper and lower lips, and about smoothing out wrinkles on the lip surface. Your lips should not be bigger and puffier after lip injections that are done well… they should just look prettier!
- GET SOME MAKEUP TIPS FROM A PRO: If your lips are extremely thin, remember, be realistic, and use a combination of subtle lip enhancement with a product like Juvederm, and a makeup lesson from a pro like Lindsey! Juvederm will allow more of the pink part of your lip to show so that Lindsey has a bigger canvas to work with, and as she said, a splash of the right color goes a long way towards lips that appear fuller and more fabulous!
- IF YOU GOT BAD LIP INJECTIONS, THEY CAN BE FIXED: If you’re not happy with the result of your lip augmentation, don’t lose hope. Most of the time, there are ways to improve the results, especially if you’ve been injected with a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler like Juvederm or Restylane.
Brown spots, red spots, and freckles!
We all hate those stubborn signs of sun damage on our cheeks, neck and chest, but what we hate even more is that we’ve tried every product and cream on the planet… and nothing works!
Enter the “laser”… IPL… Intense Pulsed Light therapy!
- Does IPL work? Yes.
- Is there any downtime with IPL? No.
- Does IPL hurt? No.
- Should you keep reading to find out more about IPL? YES!